Start-to-Finish Dental Implants
in Ridgefield Park, NJ
Are missing teeth causing you to miss out on the things you love? You don’t have to adjust your life around your smile with dental implants. Implants can permanently replace your missing teeth to give you back a healthy, beautiful, and fully functioning smile. Please schedule an implant consultation to see if you’re a good candidate for dental implants!
For many patients interested in dental implants, the process can appear daunting. We want to assure you that at Village Dental, we are experts at providing this procedure. We will help you feel safe, confident, and comfortable from start-to-finish. So if you have questions about the process of getting a dental implant, you’ve come to the right place!
Dental Implants 101 – What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are permanent tooth replacements that feel and function like natural teeth. The replacement tooth root consists of a titanium post that is surgically placed into the jawbone. Unlike removable dentures that adhere to the gum’s surface with a dental adhesive, implants are surgically placed into the jawbone in the space left behind from missing teeth. Because of titanium’s biocompatible nature, the implants actually fuse with the jawbone to create a stable foundation for replacement teeth. Once this osseointegration process is finished, dental implants can be completed with a custom-made crown, bridge, or denture.
What Is The Dental Implant Process
Receiving dental implants is not an overnight procedure. A few appointments will be necessary. The implant process generally happens in two phases: placement and restoration.
First, a consultation will ensure this tooth replacement option is right for you. If your jawbone density, overall health, and lifestyle habits are conducive for success, we’ll chart a customized course for your treatment.
- The first phase is the implant placement where we put the implants into their proper positions and wait for them to fuse with the jawbone. The fusion process may take anywhere from three to six months, but every patient is different.
- When you’re ready for surgery, we’ll place the actual implants.
- There will be a waiting period of several months as your mouth heals from the implant surgery. To ensure a healthy recovery, we’ll provide ample instructions for your post-operative care.
- After the area is healed, we’ll start on phase two which is creating the custom restoration to attach to your implant(s). Crowns are utilized for single-tooth replacement and bridges and dentures can be connected to two or more implants to replace multiple teeth.
- The process will be complete once we place your custom-made restoration onto the healed implant. However, we may need to see you for a follow-up appointment to check everything is still healthy, fitting, and feeling great.
Should I Get a Dental Implant? – Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are ideal for a variety of patients with one or more missing teeth. They offer a wide array of benefits for patients. If you’re looking into getting dental implants, here are just some of the many perks that they provide:
They comfortably and reliably restore natural function and appearance to your smile
Look, feel & function similar to natural teeth
Permanent tooth replacement option – Can last a lifetime with proper care
Make it easy to eat, brush & floss
Preserve facial shape & prevent cheeks from appearing sunken
Prevent oral health problems caused by tooth gaps, such as food traps and decay, shifting, and bone deterioration.
Getting Dental Implants
Keep in mind that you must be willing to commit to several appointments, and be OK that it will take many months to achieve your ideal smile. Fortunately, implants do not require special maintenance beyond the standard twice-daily brushing, daily flossing, and routine dental visits.
We can help make your dream smile a reality. Schedule a consultation at our office to discover if you are a good candidate for this tooth replacement procedure!
In-House Dental Membership Plan
Looking to save big on your dental care? We proudly offer an exclusive in-house membership plan. This plan gives our patients access to routine preventive care at no extra cost with great discounts on our other services. Contact our office to enroll and start saving today!